The Energy & Environmental Policy Laboratory has a strong expertise in developing models, for critical issues related the operation of energy markets, the long-term energy planning and the environmental assessment, by applying different methodologies:
- Optimization models i.e. for unit commitment problem
- Econometric models i.e. for causality between economic growth and energy demand
- Artificial Neural Networks i.e. for energy demand forecasting
- Energy-Economy-Environment (E3) models i.e. for interaction between the economy, the energy system and the environment
- Simulation models i.e. for simulating the energy and environmental systems
More details in Publications, Research projects and by contacting the Director of the Laboratory.